Buying a home can sometimes be an overwhelming process. You spend countless Saturdays travelling from property to property looking for your next slice of real estate, and when you finally find it; someone else has put in a higher offer. Sound familiar?
Here’s a few hot tips to help you secure your dream home!
- Make a plan: you might have an idea of what you’re looking for in your mind, but it actually goes a long way to write it down on paper. Write down your criteria including things that are a must vs things that would be ideal; but not a deal-breaker. If you’re buying a home with your spouse or someone else, ensure you’re completely on the same page with them too.
- Sign up for email alerts: you’ll be the first to know about new properties hitting the market, giving you the upper hand when scheduling your house inspections, etc.
- Set a budget: work out your absolute highest price point and ensure that you’re looking at homes within this budget.
- Get finance pre-approval: getting pre-approval makes you more likely to secure a home before your competition. Getting approval for a bank loan can be a timely process so take that first step early to save you time once you do find your dream home.
- Be prepared to make an offer: it might sound self-explanatory, but some people become nervous and procrastinate making an offer, only to find that by the time they’re finally ready, the house is already under contract. In addition to this, don’t be overwhelmed by Auction properties, the process isn’t as complicated as you think.
As always, our friendly team of sales executives are here to assist you with your buying and selling aspirations, and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Contact United, you’ll be delighted!